University of Oxford is one of the most prestigious educational establishments of Great Britain. As any university it has its own alumni association. By the way, Oxford Alumni Associations may be found not only in Great Britain, but in other countries as well, for example, in the USA, Canada, Australia and even in Check Republic.
These organizations have their aim at supporting their University, providing it with new facilities and informing about new demands of different professions in order to improve the quality of education at the university.
One of such organizations is the Oxford University Alumni Association.
- This association was created in 2006 to cooperate the work of the independent Oxford Association with the alumni association of the University.
- The members of the association see their mission in encouraging alumni interests and benevolence in University affairs by supporting liaisons between the members of the society and the University.
- Every graduator can become a member of the association. There are no any limits and special conditions.
- There are two types of the membership: full membership and associate membership.
- Moreover, membership is available for those who have a strong connection to the University. For example, for those who read Oxford courses at other educational establishments. However, they should have an approval of this connection. It can be a degree or diploma certificate.
- Among benefits for the members of the association is the Oxford Alumni Card that offers discounts and some services for members: the Oxford Alumni Shop with commercial goods exclusively for members of the association and many other benefits.
- By the way, alumni takes care about the graduators of the university. It helps them with a career choice while supplying students with services offered and with career information.